In addition, with the impending winter storm Bishop Carroll will operate under an 11:30am Dismissal Bell Schedule on Wednesday, December 16th and will have a “True” Snow Day on Thursday, December 17th. This Snow Day will mean there will be no instruction on Thursday.
Parents should continue to monitor their child’s health and the health of their families for COVID-19 symptoms. Be sure to notify an administrator should you, your child, or a family member test positive and/or be exposed to COVID-19.
Bishop Carroll continues to utilize the PA Department of Health recommendations and our Phased Reopening Health and Safety Plan, in order to reduce viral transmissions and keep our children and school personnel healthy and safe. Parents and family members can assist this effort by promoting healthy behaviors and following these practices:
- Stay home from school or work if sick, even if symptoms are mild. Wear a face covering in areas where physical distancing is difficult to maintain.
- Cover coughs and sneezes with a tissue (or sleeve), and then throw the tissue in the trash. Immediately wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for 20 seconds. If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60 percent alcohol.
- Avoid touching the eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Clean and disinfect surfaces that are often touched. Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Take care of your health overall. Stay current on your vaccinations, including the flu vaccine, eat well, and exercise to help your body stay resilient.